4 Ways Chiropractic Affects Women’s Menstrual Health in Rochester MN
Chiropractic isn’t just for low back pain. It’s been shown to have a positive impact on the nervous system, the master system of the entire body. One of the major improvements in function we often see in female patients is an improved menstrual cycle in Rochester MN!
Four steps to better menstrual function in Rochester MN…
- For the menstrual cycle to occur optimally, the brain needs input from the uterus and ovaries via the nervous system. Then the brain sends out instructions via neurotransmitters and hormones. Chiropractic care removes interference from the nervous system to make sure those signals are received and processed well.
- Chiropractic can help lessen the symptoms of periods, because it’s all functioning more smoothly.
- Another positive effect of improved function, is your cycle may become regular.
- Results? You keep living your life even when you’re on your cycle!
PMS, period pain and reproductive health are too often a tender subjective that doesn’t need to be taboo. Getting help for period pain should be widely discussed, especially in the natural health realm of chiropractic.
Chiropractic is a safe, healthy alternative to harmful over-the-counter medication, as the adjustment works to help your body naturally.
When a nerve root is compressed, the nervous system can’t flow properly and the rest of the body suffers. Getting regular adjustments ensures that the nervous system stays in communication with the rest of the body.
This nerve system dysfunction affects the pelvis and viscera when the sympathetic nerve supply is decreased to the pelvic blood vessels. This causes vasoconstriction and can cause multiple problems, including irregular, painful, or an absence of periods altogether.
The Natural Results of Better Menstrual Function
Menstruation is an important part of women’s health but when there’s disruption in the body, this cycle can become dysfunctional as either a primary problem or a secondary condition. Both of these kinds of dysfunction can cause extremely painful periods and cramps.
When the nervous system works properly, it creates healing and balance throughout the body. But when there’s a subluxation in the nervous system organs and cycles in the body can’t work as effectively. Chiropractic works by helping the body communicate clearly.
This kind of restoration can be seen in a case study of a 37-year-old female who was suffering from dysmenorrhea; an extreme condition where periods and menstrual cramps cause intense pain.
This woman also suffered from shoulder pain and low back pain. After receiving chiropractic care, the woman found that her sleep had improved and that her menstrual cycle had decreased from five to three days! Her pain had also decreased to the point where she didn’t have to take time off work from it.
This is just one example. Chiropractic isn’t about treating a specific condition, but restoring you to a healthy, balanced life.
You may also enjoy, How To Reverse the Effects of Stress.
“Vitality Chiropractor is the best chiropractor I've been to. Thier support staff is quick and fun to interact with, and Dr. Stacy is super knowledgeable. I've seen amazing results and feel great!” Jessica W.
Help your body adapt and get in a restful state! Come to Vitality Chiropractic, Rochester MN. Give us a call at (507) 208-4538 for an appointment, or get our new patient special at https://www.vitalityrochester.com/special
- Resolution of Dysmenorrhea in a 37-Year-Old Female Following Chiropractic Care to Reduce Vertebral Subluxations: A Case Study Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research, Volume 2021 https://vertebralsubluxationresearch.com/2021/01/03/resolution-of-dysmenorrhea-in-a-37-year-old-female-following-chiropractic-care-to-reduce-vertebral-subluxations-a-case-study/
- Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2006 Jul 19;2006(3):CD002119. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD002119.pub3. Spinal manipulation for primary and secondary dysmenorrhoea https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16855988/
- J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2008 Mar;31(3):237-46. doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2008.02.005.
Prospective case series on the effects of lumbosacral manipulation on dysmenorrhea https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18394502/
- The Effects of Gonstead Chiropractic Care on a Patient With Primary Amenorrhea: A Case Report and Review of Related Literature Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health Chiropractic, Volume 2010 https://vertebralsubluxationresearch.com/2017/09/11/the-effects-of-gonstead-chiropractic-care-on-a-patient-with-primary-amenorrhea-a-case-report-and-review-of-related-literature
7:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm